- Our Experience
Our 18-attorney internet defamation group has unique experience assisting clients who are being damaged on the internet. We focus on these cases daily and continually refine our strategies and tactics to best suit our clients. We are often working on dozens of cases across the country at any one time, and are constantly using the most up-to-date technologies and approaches to solve our clients’ internet problems.
We have developed solutions to a plethora of negative situations that companies regularly face online, including defamation, false reviews, unauthorized product sales on the internet, traffic diversion, product diversion, trademark infringement, SEO manipulation, copyright infringement and public disclosure of private facts.
Below are just a few representative examples of results we have successfully obtained for our clients:
- Obtained a court order that resulted in the removal of over 50 URLs containing defamatory content concerning our client from various search engines, including Google.
- Developed procedures for companies to stop the online sales of their products on the internet by unauthorized sellers, and identified the people leaking products to unauthorized retailers.
- Obtained injunctions ordering online retailers to stop selling our clients’ products on the internet.
- Obtained a court order that resulted in the removal of a website that was damaging a large financial company.
- Obtained a court order that resulted in the removal of false statements on Ripoff Report from Google’s search indices related to a high profile business employee.
- Developed solutions for clients that were being defamed by groups of bloggers on the internet.
- Removed defamatory material from the internet by successfully negotiating with a client’s former customers.
- Obtained a permanent injunction that resulted in the removal of false statements from the internet concerning a small business.
- Removed private photographs of a celebrity that were posted on the internet without our client’s authorization.
- Obtained compensation from internet retailers who were selling a client’s products on the internet without authorization.
- Assisted clients in developing online marketing strategies to mitigate damages caused by online defamation.
- Assisted clients in analyzing competitors’ online marketing tactics to determine if they were legal and/or violated the policies of Google and other search engines.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction ordering a client’s former customer to cease making false statements about the business online. These orders were submitted to Google, which in turn removed more than 30 false postings from its search indices.
- Prepared materials to assist the police in prosecuting individuals that were harassing our clients online.
- Negotiated payments by defamers to our clients.
- Removed material from the internet that infringed on our clients’ copyrights.
- Obtained orders for forensic exams of computers in possession of defendants damaging our clients on the internet.
We have extensive experience working with other service providers in the industry, including cyber investigators, PR firms and companies that provide search engine optimization services. As a result, we know how to use our legal services in combination with other service providers when appropriate, and who can deliver those services when needed.